I tested the strategies described in Perfecting Newspaper Searches: Birth Notices–Part 2 as I wrote the post. Although I didn’t find the birth notices I was targeting, I did find plenty of new-to-me information. Among other things, I found:
- A loving memorial notice for ancestor whose death had eluded me for 25 years.
- A child’s death notice that mentioned her grandparents.
- Two insolvencies.
- An arrest for assault.
- A public health violation.
- Request for tender to build a new house and shop.
- False charges of assault against three teenage boys.
I can’t complain about that!