Blog post

Monday, April 12, 2010

Blogger's slump

Here am I, ready and willing to write a genealogy blog post, but for some reason... not quite able. I think I have blogger's slump, if there is such a thing. I googled the term and came up with only 157 hits. I tried Yahoo and found only 27. Bing gave me a grand total of six.

I wondered if perhaps I was being elitist... I tried searching for "bloggers slump" and came up with 107 hits on Google. My unscientific analysis suggests that sports bloggers are more susceptible to the apostrophe-less strain of the disease, poor things.

Blogger's slump it is then. An apparently rare disease characterised in my case by the inability to produce a sensible, on-topic blog post.

Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Try searching "bloggers block".

    Last year, I wrote a bunch of ideas--one for each week. Maybe they will help? http://amycoffin.com/Blog_Ideas_Personal_Genealogy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a different approach and blog when your brain is ready to, that way no stress and worry about what you can write about. Thats what i do. Ideas/thoughts come and go, just grab it when it comes and briefly write down your ideas on paper or something so that you have ideas ready to go with when you have to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy -
    "Blogger's block" - 27,000 hits. I knew there must be another term for it! The dangers of internet self-diagnosis...

    Thanks for the link. You have some great ideas.

    Bobby -
    Thanks for the comment. I must start doing something like that. At the moment I have ideas from time to time, but have no organised way of keeping track of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Yes you should be wary of Dr Google and self diagnosis at all times. I have had myself diagnosed of things far more dangerous than blogger's slump or block only to be fine the next day :)

    I wish I'd dropped by sooner! Your writing is gorgeous Shelley, and the history isinteresting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Yes you should be wary of Dr Google and self diagnosis at all times. I have had myself diagnosed of things far more dangerous than blogger's slump or block only to be fine the next day :)

    I wish I'd dropped by sooner! Your writing is gorgeous Shelley, and the history isinteresting too :)

    ReplyDelete